Art Basel 2020 | Art & Law conference
As Art Basel 2020 has been postponed to September, the associated Art & Law conference held by the University of Basel (Recht aktuell - Kunst & Recht) that takes place each year on the premises of the fair has also been adjourned.
The conference will now take place on Friday 18 September, 9:15 - 17:30, and cover the following topics:
- The new EU Regulation 2019/880 of 17 April 2019 on the introduction and the import of cultural goods by Friedericke Gräfin von Brühl, Berlin
- Changing export regulations - practical viewpoint of an auction house by Bertold Müller, Zurich
- Creativity and the unknown - Psychoscientific aspects of artistic creation by Volker Dittmann, Liestal
- Art law in light of the UNESCO Convention of 1970 and the UNIDROIT Convention of 1995 by Gerte Reichelt, Vienna
- Third Party Guarantees by Anne Laure Bandle, Geneva - Art insurance by Pascal Grolimund, Basel
- Artistic freedom in legal proceedings by Vanessa Rüegger, Basel
All presentations will be held in German and the conference proceedings will be published after the conference in a book series edited by Peter Mosimann and Beat Schönenberger (Stämpfli Verlag).
Congress Center Basel MCH Messe Basel Saal Sydney Messeplatz 21 CH-4058 Basel
More information on the speakers and the venue is available on the organiser's webpage.